Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Feta

Roasted brussels sprouts have been a favorite side dish of mine for ages. This recipe calls for feta, but sometimes I substitute goats cheese.  Ricotta would be tasty as well.... I coat them with a little balsamic vinegar right out of the oven, but you a squeeze of fresh lemon instead is also great.



2-3 lbs Brussels sprouts
2 shallots, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c olive oil
2 T balsamic
handful of crumbled feta or goats cheese

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut the end of the sprouts and quarter of halve them, depending on the size. Toss in a bowl with the shallots, garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper.

Roast in oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden and crispy. You may want to take them out half way through and stir them around for even browning. As soon as you take them out, drizzle the balsamic vinegar over them on the sheet pan and stir around to coat evenly. Serve in a bowl with the cheese crumbled on the bottom, middle and top.

Serves 4

Comments

Anonymous said…
Brussel sprouts are delicious. Also good when vinegar is reduced. A bit sweeter. Btw, anonyamous is your mom.
Mindi said…
So, I thought I did not like Brussel Sprouts... until in college when I was in a situation where it would have been rude not to eat what I was served without at least tasting. Turns out I LOVE them! It was my dad who didn't like them which was why I had never had them growing up.
Emily Baird said…
I was like that with so many things until I got to college and was exposed to all kinds of different tastes. It wasn't until then that I even tried Thai food and sushi!
Unknown said…
Looks amazing, come to NY and cook for me!
Walshita said…
Made these last night for dinner and they were a huge hit!! So easy too! Picky bf cleaned his plate = happy cook!
FPT said…
I hate brussel sprouts...but this just might drive me to try them again. Looks delish!